Acorn Rentals – Terms and Conditions
This is a legal document that affects your rights as a customer or potential customer of Acorn Rentals “Acorn”.
Before you provide personal information to Acorn through its web site, you must agree to the Terms and Conditions “Terms” in this document.
Acorn provides rental car services to customers, and requires certain personal information to provide you with these rental car services, to evaluate whether you meet the criteria to be provided with rental car services, and to liaise with insurance companies, repair workshops, and legal representatives, as part of providing these rental car services, or recovering the expenses of providing these rental car services on your behalf.
- I acknowledge that Acorn requires me to provide certain personal information in order that they can provide me with rental car services, and undertake required associated tasks. These may include recovering the expenses of providing rental car services, and liaising with service providers.
- If I contract with Acorn to receive hire car services, then I agree to provide them with the personal information required to provide these services, and to recover the expenses of providing these rental car services on my behalf.
- This personal information includes, but is not limited to, my name, address, and contact phone numbers (as the car owner), the name, address and contact phone numbers of the car driver (if different from the owner); the date, time, and location of the relevant car accident, the name, address, and contact details of my motor vehicle repairer, details of my insurance policy, and details of the insurance policy of the owner of the other vehicle involved in the accident.
- By signing this document, I knowingly give Acorn permission to use my personal information in the operation of its business, and as required, to Australian regulatory and law enforcement entities, in accordance with operation of Australian law (Federal, State, Territory, and Local Government as applicable).
- If any part or provision of this document is determined by a Court to be invalid or unenforceable, then all other parts and provisions shall still be given full legal force and effect notwithstanding that invalidity or unenforceability.
You are certifying that you have read, understood, and agreed to these Terms and Conditions when you mark your agreement on the applicable section of the web site.